Friday 13 November 2009


Post-Production of Tingsek Six years Music Video

The edit was made on FCP by the director Patrik Karlson. Patrik made a great edit and handed the project over to me to make the final post processing- colour correction, grading and effects
POST:
RAW:
When we were in pre-production Patrik and I talked allot about how the video should look. The requirements set down were for a warm feeling verging on sepia. The video was to reference a 'look' from the 1930's/40's period films. This may sound vague, but it was very clear to us, as we had a developed a catalogue of reference of mood board pics and clips from the net.

POST:
RAW:
I adjusted the levels and colour corrected in FCP. I had made some tests in Apple Color and was 50/50 about what I should grade in. Eventually I chose to grade completely in FCP Using the '3-Way Colour wheel' and Colorista. I love working with those tools, one can really paint in Colorista, but obviously as a grading tool it still pales to Apple Color.

POST:
RAW:
A side note to the grading. The Canon XH-A1 is an HDV camera, HDV is not the kind of codec you want to grade on, so right from the start I logged all of the footage as ProRes HQ.

POST:
RAW:
After the grading was finished I made a noise reduction and placed the 2.35 matte on top adjusting clips to fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment